All photography provided by Jared Chambers
We established the Irvine Center for Addiction Neuroscience in the Fall of 2015.
Subsequently, our efforts were funded & supported by the UCI Office of the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor sponsored Interschool Academic Initiatives, Ayala School of Biological Sciences, and the UCI School of Medicine.
Our aim is to bring together leading scientists from different disciplines to discuss groundbreaking questions related to translational addiction research. Our summer symposium will be held on June 12th, 2018, at the University of California, Irvine, Crystal Cove Auditorium @ the UCI Conference Center.
All addiction researchers are invited to participate, including members of the community who are interested in learning more about addiction neuroscience research.
If you are a therapist, counselor, social worker, treatment professional or you are simply interested in learning more about drug addiction research, we invite you to join us!
Because of the generous support of our sponsors, we are able to provide free registration, and lunch for our registrants. Once registered, if at any time your plans change and you find that you are unable to attend the symposium, please let us know immediately so that we are able to offer at alternate candidate the opportunity to attend.
What WE WOULD LIKE TO Achieve
- To bring together the community of addiction researchers.
- Identify gaps in our current knowledge related to drug dependence.
- Determine most effective strategies in developing translational drug addiction research and treatments
- Address gaps in the current state of funding for drug addiction research.
- Discuss future directions in addiction research and our working group
- Develop a T32 training grant in Addiction Neuroscience.
- Promote the ICAN Distinguished Speaker Seminar Series
- Implement the Annual UCI Addiction Symposium.
- Forge and develop strategies to implement collaborative research projects
- Formulate ways to enhance career opportunities for young investigators and scientists of underrepresented/minority groups
- To identify research strengths, most significant areas of synergy, and highest impact questions in drug abuse and addiction research for a P50 application.
- To create key center-based activities that will establish a national and international reputation of drug abuse and addiction research at UCI.